Course: Bachelor in Mass Media (BMM)
- Candidates belonging to the General Category (GC) whose date of birth falls on or after 1st June 1994 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exams BMS/BMM 2017. Candidates belonging to the catholic religious community and SC/ST candidates who are born on or after 1st June 1992 are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exams BMS/BMM 2017.
- Candidates belonging to the GC, must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE.
- Candidates from the Minority Community must secure at least 55% in the QE.
- SC/ST candidates must secure at least 50% marks in their QE.
Stage 1 will be a written test of 100 marks (Objective Test on the OMR Sheet).
A Call List for the Interview Round will be made by giving a 60% weightage to the test and 40% weightage to the qualifying XII examination.
Stage 2 will be an interview cum written test (100 marks).
A Final Merit list will be made by giving a 70% weightage to the score obtained in Stage 2 and a 30% weightage to the score obtained in Stage 1.
The entrance exam was held on 2nd June 2017.
- Stage I will be for 100 marks based on Multiple Choice Questions
- It will be answered on an OMR Sheet
- Not more than one option in the OMR sheet can be marked.
- General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Data Interpretation, Economics, English Language & Comprehension Skills, Logical Reasoning and Critical Analysis & Creative Thinking.
The BMM 2017 Entrance exams are conducted ONLY at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
Total Seats: 60
1.01- Effective Communication and Translation Skills
1.02 - Introduction to Mass Communication
1.03 - History of Ideas
1.04 - Introduction to Sociology
1.05 - Introduction to Computer Graphics
1.06 – Introduction to Economics
2.01- Effective Communication and Translation Skills II
2.02 - Introduction to English Literature
2.03 - Introduction to Psychology
2.04 - Political concepts and Indian Political Studies
2.05 – Media Ethics
2.06 – Computer Graphics
3.01 - Introduction to Creative Writing
3.02 – Introduction to Cultural Studies
3.03 – Principles of Advertising
3.04 – Introduction to Management Principles & Organisation Behaviour
3.05 – Introduction to Journalism
3.06 – Introduction to Audio Video Production
4.01- Radio and Television
4.02- Print Production & Photography
4.03 – Theory of Media
4.04 – Mass Media Research
4.05 – Introduction to Marketing
4.06 – Film Reading and Appreciation
5.01- Advertising for International Markets and Contemporary Society
5.02 - Copy Writing
5.03 - Consumer behavior
5.04 - Media Planning and Buying
5.5 - Brand building
5.6 - Advertising Design
5.08 - Editing
5.9 - Feature and Opinion
5.10 - Journalism and Public Opinion
5.11 - Indian Regional Journalism
5.12 – Newspaper – Magazine Making
6.01- Advertising and Marketing Research
6.02 - Legal environment and advertising ethics
6.03 - Financial Management
6.04 - Introduction to Public Relations
6.05 - Introductions to Integrated Marketing Communications
6.06 -Contemporary Issues
6.04- Introduction to Public Relations
6.06 Contemporary Issues
6.07 Press Laws and Ethics
6.08 Broadcast Journalism
6.9 Print Journalism
6.10 Digital Media