Why Law as a profession?
Lawyers are social engineers of any society, they are the people who keep the dysfunction of the society in check, they ensure that the fundamental rights of the people are not compromised with and keep crime in check. Law has now moved beyond in scope from just criminal and family Law. Specialization in Law can be pursued in the following areas.
Pursuing Law at an undergraduate level
- National Law University, Mumbai has started admissions from 2015
- Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad started admissions from 2015 through SET
- Under CLAT, 17 National Law Universities are registered
- Majority of top Law colleges do not admit students on the basis of XII score
- Level of difficulty of main Law examinations has risen considerably over the last years
- Indian law students, can practice law in Europe also (after writing a few additional papers)
- CLAT is one of the oldest paper - a common examination for top National Law Schools (except Delhi)
- Integrated post graduate course of 5 years as against initial 3 year post graduate course - saves 1 year.